Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

Cafe Fez

Hubby & I recently stayed in the  beautiful Milawa Gourmet Region, Victoria.
I love this place. In the winter, its like curling up near a fire with a warm drink in hand whilst listening to Angus & Julia Stone, a true warm & fuzzy feel.
looks like I have another blog post right there!

We stayed one night at the Happy Valley Hotel, an old 1854 built pub situated along the Great Alpine Road. The hosts and experience were great. 'Cafe Fez' was suggested as a good feed for breakfast,  "Expected the unexpected" said our hosts.

Local knowledge = WIN!

Husband lost me for a good 45 minutes that next morning, whilst I lost myself in this large meandering indoor / outdoor  shop & cafe which was filled with all things rustic, tribal, Mexican, South American, Middle Eastern, Indonesian. If it were not for the fact that our roof rack was already occupied, (giving great relief to the H) I would have absolutely come away with an over sized rustic door!
Breakfast choice was amazing, fresh, cultural, healthy. Every palate and dietary requirement catered to. If ever you are in this part of the world - don't miss out on this experience! I certainly did not expect what was tucked behind the Cafe front!



No comments:

Post a Comment