Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Day 3 Of Our 7 Day 'Get Clean' Challenge






Day 3
I had a short but great sleep. Woke up feeling refreshed, got out of bed before Chris came back from his run!
It was beautiful weather for my morning walk, Mid April and a 28c day. Happy with that.

Tonight I made Eggplant Parmigiana
An absolute winner for when you feel like something easy and hearty.
 

This is very adaptable, it could be made into something more like Moussaka, Lasagna, you could add different veggies, make your own sauce, but after a busy day at work, I like to keep it simple - and different to lasagna.

To make this particular version, I pan grilled 2 x Large swiss Mushrooms 1 medium sliced eggplant then  layered these along with the ingredients below. I popped it in the oven on 180c and forgot about it for 30 minutes. At 30 mins I cooked up a cup of quinoa to serve on the side which  soaks up the up the yummy juices!
The torn mozzarella adds amazing mouthfuls of texture.

 2 x large Swiss Mushrooms
1 x Medium eggplant
1 Tbsp olive oil for griddle
1 x large Jar pasta sauce or stir - thru
Bunch of basil
4 medium Mozzarella balls (torn)
Fresh oregano
'Corn' crumbs

Early to bed tonight. I was happy to go without wine and I am not not craving chocolate.  Though Chris said he is finding it difficult to resist temptation of his works chocolate rations. Poor Boy.
Friday will soon be upon us - and that always means wine time for me - now that will be my challenge..

x x





No comments:

Post a Comment